Home » Assistive Technology » A.T.TIPSCAST Episode #36: CAST Book Builder Discussion

A.T.TIPSCAST Episode #36: CAST Book Builder Discussion

about.me

Christopher Bugaj

Contact and Workshops

Contact Chris about interactive workshops for your school, district, staff, or organization. Topics include: Universal Design for Learning, Professional Development, Policies and Procedures in Assistive Technology, Developing an Assistive Technology Team, Free Technology Solutions, Language Development Strategies, and more! attipscast@gmail.com Twitter: @attipscast

ATEval2Go for iPad

Free Audio Stories for Kids

Here is a link to download the audio directly: Episode #36

Episode Overview-

Hey everyone,
Episode #36 is up for your listening pleasure! Episode #36 features a discussion about Book Builder by Sally Norton-Darr, Judith Schoonover, and Mark Nichols.  They will be doing a presentation centering on the uses of Book Builder during the National Educational Computing Conference on June 29th.  They are asking that you leave a comment on this blog post talking about how you use Book Builder, improvements you would like to see to Book Builder, or anything related to your experiences with the tool.

A.T. TIPS In This Episode-

A.T.TIP #44 (Redux): Book Builder by CAST
 While you’re there, check out the book Sally and Judie created:

Sally and Judie Screenshot

Water book by Sally and Judie

Support The Cause-

My colleagues will be riding in the local Tour De Cure on June 14th, 2009, sponsored by the American Diabetes Foundation. If you can donate, even a dollar, it would be much appreciated. Select the “donate” button on either website to make a donation.

Upcoming Conference Presentations-

I’ll be presenting at the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC)- June 28th – July 1st in Washington, D.C. (Poster Session: Chew the P.H.A.T-Policies and How-to’s in Assistive Technology with Sally Norton-Darr).

Contact Information-

If I don’t get to see you at NECC we can still connect virtually. Join the A.T.TIPPERS group on Facebook and/or Classroom 2.0 ! You can also follow me on twitter.com.
Leave a comment down below or drop me a line at attipscast@gmail.com. Let me know what you think of the show! You can access the podcast and register as a fan of the show from here:
Podcast Hosting
Podcast Hosting at CyberEars.com
Thanks everyone and happy listening!

About these ads

6 Comments

1. Miss Mel says:

Hi Chris!

I wanted to let you know that I explored and learned about Book Builder at http://bookbuilder.cast.org. I actually built a book with one of our “flashlight episodes” from our podcast, Night Light Stories: http://www.nightlightstories.blogspot.com. I used
    “THE I’M SORRY TRUCK” and had our son help with taking the pictures to go with the story to create it. I posted it to the library. It was a great learning experience! I hope you have a great time at the conference, I cannot wait to hear all about it! I love the A.T.TIPS cast!

2. Amy Boehman says:

Book Builder looks like a wonderful tool for teachers and students to use to guide reading strategies. As the TRT for my county’s assistive technology team, I can see using the site next school year for reading. Thank you for a wonderful presentation :-)

• cbugaj says:

Amy, Thanks for the comments. That’s awesome that you liked the presentation. When you complete a book, feel free to share it, promote it, and publicize it here. Can’t wait to see what people come up with.
      Chris

3. bloonsterific says:

Just wanted to tell you all know how much I appreciate your postings guys.
    Found you though google!

4. Anne Meyer says:

Hi all –
    Just wanted to say how much we at CAST love your book, podcast and presentation materials! We have passed your URL’s around and are very excited to see the different applications you highlight, including student writing. Stay tuned for BB III, it is almost ready and offers new features. Of course we are always eager for feedback!
    Sincerely, Anne Meyer and the BB team at CAST

• cbugaj says:

Thanks Anne!
      When you have such an excellent product that can be used for free it makes it easy to sing praises. Thanks for passing around the links too. We can’t wait to see what is in store for BB v.3. It is very exciting! We’ll definitely be checking it out! Keep up the good work!
      Chris