School districts often struggle to develop consistent practices for meeting the assistive needs of students receiving special education services. This fun yet professional book will help PK-12 educators learn a process to improve how they consider, select, and implement technology to help all students!
- Provides a methodology for transforming educators into experience designers by adopting a mindset of inclusive practices.
- Details how an educational team can effectively request assistance to determine technology needs.
- Explains how to provide assistance by coaching an educational team through a process to make informed decisions about technology needs.
- Describes a proactive approach to professional development for individuals and for those who train others on the use of technology.
- Assists individuals or teams in creating an action plan for developing a culture of inclusion.
- Interweaves stories, songs, games, activities and other exciting features to make the experience of reading the book fun!
The New Assistive Tech is a catalyst for breaking down walls between special education and general education, and will help all educators realize they have tech knowledge (and can build upon that knowledge) that can be used to support all students, including those with disabilities.