Episode #31 is up for your listening pleasure! Episode #31 describes the diabolical event that happened to me on April 1st, 2009. It also describes different ways to you use packing peanuts as assistive technology tools or to support existing assistive technology tools.
A.T.TIP #43: Packing Peanuts
Also, check out these resources associated with the different ways mentioned to use packing peanuts.
1. Deep Pressure and Weight Lifting– An article about the use of bean bag chairs as deep pressure
2. Packing Peanut Dome – Check out how this creative student used packing peanuts! Wouldn’t this make an awesome chill-out area?
3. Lap Buddies – A school system that is creating and using lap buddies.
Oh, and here is that picture of Yours Truly getting hit in the face with a pie…
I’ll be presenting at these two upcoming conferences:
1. Maryland Assistive Technology Network Conference (MATN)- May 7th in Maryland (Session on Alternative Professional Development in Assistive Technology).
2. National Educational Computing Conference (NECC)- June 28th – July 1st in Washington, D.C. (Poster Session: Chew the P.H.A.T-Policies and How-to’s in Assistive Technology with Sally Norton-Darr).
If I don’t get to see you at either of those conferences we can still get together virtually over the Internet. Join the A.T.TIPPERS group on Facebook and/or Classroom 2.0 ! You can also follow me on twitter.com.
Leave a comment down below or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know what you think of the show! You can access the podcast and register as a fan of the show from here:
|Podcast Hosting at CyberEars.com|
Thanks everyone and happy listening!